Dawn and I just got back from a fantastic weekend hosting 12 fabulous women on retreat. My sister came out to support us by taking care of feeding these amazing yogis for the weekend. This was no easy task but luckily just before the retreat one of Dawns long-time clients brought in a special treat for her birthday, his amazing seed bread. We made it for tea time on the retreat and it was a hit. Gluten free and vegan its delicious and super satisfying.
Daryl’s Super Seed Bread Recipe
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup flax seeds
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons psyllium husks ( i found this in the bulk section at Whole Foods)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon grade B maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil of ghee ( i used ghee, vegans can use coconut oil)
- 1 1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly oil a loaf pan and combine all dry ingredients.
- Whisk in maple syrup, oil and water in a separate bowl.
- Add wet mixture to dry ingredients and combine until everything is completely soaked and dough becomes thick.
- Smooth top and let set for at room temperatures for least 2 hours or overnight (I let it set for 2 hrs).
- Bake for 25 minutes then remove bread from loaf pan and place it upside down directly on the oven rack and bake for another 35 – 40 minutes.
- It should sound hallow when tapped.
- Let cool completely before slicing.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Wishing you Vibrant Living,