I have had zucchini “pasta” in restaurants but this was my first time making it. My new spiraling tool made it fast, easy and fun. Try it and let me know what you think!
- 2 zucchini, spiralized
- 1 1/2 heaping cups butternut squash, cubed, drizzled lightly with olive oil, dusted with sea salt and pepper, and roasted at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.
For the sauce:
- 1 1/2 cup cashews, soaked for an hour or so
- ¾ cup water
- 2 small cloves garlic
- 1 tsp raw organic honey
- 1 lemon juiced
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp tahini
- Roast squash at 400 degrees for about 25 minutes.
- To make the sauce, put the soaked cashews in your Vita-Mix or food processor along with the honey, garlic, lemon juice, sea salt, tahini, and 3/4 cups water. Blend until it looks thick and creamy. With the motor running (in either the processor or the Vita), drizzle more water in until the sauce is totally smooth (if you’re using a food processor, you’ll have to stop and scrape sides occasionally) and the consistency you want.
- Lightly steam zucchini. You can skip this step if you like it raw but I preferred the zucchini a little warmed up. Be sure not to over steam them.
- Toss zucchini with squash.
- Pour enough sauce over your zucchini and butternut squash to coat them generously.