This is my most recent slow cooker obsession. I can get tired of my same ol’ breakfast choices and although this is more of a Fall flavored recipe, when I made it last week there were snow flurries in the air. So until Spring hits full-on in a few weeks I’m going to keep making my new slow cooker favorite. The best part of making oats in the slow cooker is you wake up to a delicious hot breakfast ready to eat. Yum!
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Oatmeal Recipe
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 1/2 cups steel cut oats
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbs. of Grade B maple syrup or coconut palm sugar
- 2 Tbs. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. cardamon
- 1 tbs. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. all spice or pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of salt
- Combine all ingredients in your slow cooker. Stir well.
- Cook on low for 6 – 8 hours. Stir before serving.
- Serve with walnuts, pecans, and/or shredded coconut.