Last week Whole Foods had fresh young coconuts on sale. I know its not in keeping with the Ayurveda’s teaching on eating with the season but I couldn’t resist buying a couple. This was my fist time buying whole young coconuts so asked around for ideas on what to do with them. My friend, fellow yogi and health guide Jacquie recommending making coconut pudding. This recipe is simple, gluten free, paleo, super healthy and delicious.
Coconut Mango Chia Pudding Recipe
- ~ 2 cups of fresh coconut water – This was about the amount contained in one of the fresh young coconuts I bought.
- ~ 1 1/2 cups of fresh coconut meat – This about them amount I scraped out of one of my coconuts.
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1/2 -1 cup frozen mango + more fresh or thawed for topping
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- dash of cinnamon dash of cardamom
- Place coconut water, coconut meat, mango, vanilla and spices in a high speed blender
- Blend until creamy and smooth
- Pour into a bowl, fold in chai seeds and let sit for at least an hour
- Spoon into cups and top with mango and shredded coconut
Wishing you Vibrant Living