Posted on 22 Jun at 20:46h in Recipe 0 Comments
I have tried to make my own energy bars and energy bites a few times over the years and each time they have been epic fails. Some were too sticky, others too dry and some just didn’t taste that great. This time I was determined to make it work so I read about a dozen recipes and then created my own version. After some trial and error I landed on a combination of ingredients that seemed to work!
These raw date energy bombs are fast becoming my goto snack before or after a work out, on the trail, between classes and even for dessert. You can use this recipe as a base. Experiment and enjoy!
Raw Date Energy Bite Recipe
- 1 cup fresh dates (about 10), pitted, soaked and drained
- 1 1/2 cups of your favorite nuts. I used cashews.
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup raw cacao nibs
- 1/2 cup gluten free oats
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/3 cup grade B maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Dried shredded coconut
- Pulse nuts in dry food processor until they are blended well but not a fine powder.
- Add banana, dates, cocoa nibs, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla. Blend until just mixed.
- Transfer into a bowl and stir in oats.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and with damp hands roll the mixture into little balls.
- Refrigerate for about a half hour to firm them up a bit then roll them in shredded coconut.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge.